Don’t go! 😉 Fine, here’s a list of nice sites I like to visit.
From June 30, 2017 onwards, almost all new links will be at the bottom (except the important ones 😉 ).
The internet Archive is one of the best resources on the Internet. 😉
- Arthur’s Cancer Bills – Arthur is a cute corgi, and this is important so I’m putting it at the top. Donate please. Only halfway so far.
- Neopets – Remember this site? 😉 Actually, it’s well known, but since it’s falling apart, not many people come to visit it anymore. Vent on the Neoboards! 😉
- Chicken Smoothie – Very active, popular (check out the registered users online list at the forums! 😉 ), your pets don’t die and you can collect different types of pets! Also, has a friendly community and holiday events every year where you can get special pets! 😉
- Icepets – slowly growing, friendly community! 🙂
- Toontown Rewritten – Remember playing Toontown Online? Remember how you cried when Di$ney closed it? Well, it’s back! Not by Disney, but by some fans of the game. It’s not a site, actually; you have to download a client in order to play, but the site contains news for the game, so I decided to link to it here. Available for Windows and Mac (?) only for now, so everytime I want to play I have to boot to Windows 7 on my laptop (it works on 10, but it’s not installed there because…).
- Lisaviolet’s Diary – life of a literal crazy cat lady. 😉 (Both cats and lady are crazy)
- Finfin fansite – It’s a game about a cute dolphin/parrot animal who you can talk to using either the keyboard or a special microphone (SmartSensor) that came with it when it was sold in stores in the ’90s. It’s very old and I’m not sure if it works with Windows 7, but I’ll test and hopefully it will work! (Edit: IT WORKS! Simply download finfinv90seger from the Finfin-Archiv. 😀 ) Some parts of this site are in German. (I also made a Finfin fanpage and a Finfin subreddit).
- DuckDuckGo – Better than Google since it doesn’t track you. Check it out.
- The Obscuritory – a blog about almost unknown, odd games and software. Highly recommended!
- The Cave of Dragonflies – Awesome Pokémon site. Lots of info and fun, still active. 😀
- Friv – Forever free fun fames- er, games. 😉
- 11points – Funny lists.
- Huki’s site – RVGL’s developer’s other site other than the RVGL site. 😉
- Arauz – The specific page I’m linking to contains some cool demos of Edmark educational games! 😀 The only corrupted downloads are Jungle Chess and the Spanish versions of the games which have them, so if you came here for those, go somewhere else. Other than that, some of these demos I played as a young kid (10 years old), so… 😉
- Classic Reload – Play DOS and Windows 3.1 games online! While you can play DOS games on Archive.org also, you can play both DOS & Windows 3.1 games here! My recommendations: Zoombinis’ Logical Journey (it’s the deluxe version, with hints and tips included!), Gahan Wilson’s Ultimate Haunted House (an adventure game), Lemmings (if you don’t know what it is, I sincerely, really hope you’ve been having fun under that rock), Hexxagon (board game; also available as a flash game online), and many more! 😉
- My Abandonware – Download abandonware games here for free! If a game has been released on GoG, Steam or similar, it gives links to those instead! 😀
- Caverns of Hope – An Ecco the Dolphin fansite that has been closed down. Their Facebook and Twitter are still active, and you can still download their stuff from the Wayback Machine copy (linked to here, of course) since the downloads were hosted on Dropbox. 😉 😉 (The only stuff that’s not downloadable are the downloads that were hosted locally… 😉 😉 😉 Moral: Do both!) As of Jan 2019, seems that all(?) of their downloads are on their new Discord server! Yay! 😀
- Caverns of Blood – Not to be confused with the previous site 😛 It’s a rarely updated Halloween site (at the time this is typed it’s close to Halloween), and the forums aren’t active much. (For people looking to try to revitalize the forums by posting a bit, don’t bother (unless you’re patient?). I tried signing up as PinkamenaDianePie, 😉 and even though I signed up, there was no activation email (there was an email which said, ‘welcome to the forums’, but that was it), and it acted like I wasn’t logged in even if I was. Accounts are probably activated by a human, so probably a dead one (ghost) 😉 Also, I tried again on Oct 2018 with a similar name and the same thing happened, so…). It does have interesting HTML and flash games and fun stuff.
- Planetarium – It’s an interactive story with puzzles about a girl and mathemagician who travel through time, made by Beholder, and it’s cool. 😀 Basically, you sign up for it (no need for an e-mail! 😀 ) and part one is shown for you, and the other parts are shown for you over the course of a few weeks. We did the whole thing THREE TIMES already; it’s beautiful. See it now! NOW! 😛
- Dwindle – Another work from Beholder. About a woolly mountain tapir (they’re endangered). See it now! NOW! 😉 Also, captive tapirs like bananas… 😉 (Bananas are my favorite food, so… 😉 ).
- Mane6.com – The site for Them’s Fightin’ Herds, a fighting game with ungulates (sadly no tapirs 😦 😉 ).
- Arthur Out of Context – A tumblr blog with funny Arthur pictures and more. 😉
- Adopt a Furby – Inactive, but THE recommended place to visit is the forums (I’m there too).
- Superkids Software Reviews – Reviews of old kids software. Also inactive. Old kids software is the best! (A Reader Rabbit and ClueFinders fan am I.)
- Toasty Tech – Yes, I know this site’s from the ’90s (literally!) but, it’s still updated (although very infrequently) so… (Of course, some stuff is out of date, but it’s fun to read!) Also, some stuff was removed way back then, so check out the Internet Archive version for those.
- MDGX – Provides ways to tweak Windows. Is up-to-date. Probably well known.
- East of the Web – A story site. You can comment on the stories. Has very, VERY high standards for publishing stories. Also has word games and interactive stories (mostly art games).
- Bedtime-Story.com – A children’s story site. Has high standards for publishing stories, but does help you tweak them if they feel the stories have untapped potential.
- Bedtime.com – Another children’s story site. I don’t know if it accepts every single story sent to it by e-mail, but much of the stories have bad grammar and spelling, even though they are good in other ways.
- Storynory – Yet another children’s story site. The specialty here is that there are audio versions of all the stories! I enjoy listening to them. You can comment on each story.
- Dedoimedo – Well-known, I bet. Has reviews and articles on technology and life.
- BillyBear4Kids.com – A ’90s kids site with programs, games, desktop critters (screenmates), website critters (‘pets’ you put on your site), and animal desktop themes. Wayback Machine link, due to ‘Error establishing a database connection’. Hmm… 😉 (OUTDATED UPDATES: Is actually being updated now, but all the older games and stuff are gone, so check out the Internet Archive version for those. Edit: They brought the old site back! Strange… Originally it was a WordPress-like site with only some Christmas stuff, and the first post was about Billy Bear wanting to remake the site for the new generation. Thank God they didn’t 😉 Since they didn’t have to! I think… 😉 )
- EnchantedLearning.com – A great kids site! Subscription is not mandatory, but has exclusive stuff… Still, I enjoyed this site while I was younger without having to subscribe. 🙂
- BlackDog – The Site for Kids! A great kids site! But the site’s down now, so the link here is from the Wayback Machine. (Here’s the link for the Vanishing Princess story and the link for the Ninja who went to the Jungle story (Wayback Machine FTW!)).
- Starfall – Awesome kids site 1! 😉 (recommended: reading section 😉 Loved it as a kid).
- UpToTen – Awesome kids site 2! 😉 (Boowa and Kwala… 😉 ). (Note: Prime example of HTML5 done wrong though, at least on my computer. Doesn’t seem to load well 😦 At first it loads then it disappears… Try emailing them if you see troubles…) Loved it as a kid.
- Meddybemps – Awesome kids site 3! 😉 Contains stories and flash games.
- Asynjur’s Home by the Sea – Only her Twitter’s active. Has website critters too! 😉 😀
- Bunnyhero Labs – Inactive, but the place for flash pets to be! 😉
- Rinkworks – A site with lots of fun stuff. Has the famous Computer Stupidities, so you might know about it already, but check out the other stuff too! 😉
- Microprizes – Has fun Java games. 😉 My favorites are the painting ones. You can actually cheat at the Ping-Pong Ball game if you know the URL for the goldfish, so I won’t tell ya 😉 Edit: I changed my mind. I keep forgetting the URL, and your guilt (and your conscience) will compensate for clicking the following link, 😉 so here it is: 😀 Goldfish. Or, if you don’t want to hover over (or click or tap) the link, but still are a cheater at heart, think of Wingoldfish, and shorten it in many ways (no spaces), or think of wings and the letter F. 😉 (Tip for shortening: Out with the old fish? 😉 ). You can also google for Microprizes goldfish, it’ll actually show the URL (so maybe it’s not cheating? 😉 )! Edit: Firefox dropped support for Java, so, use an older version, the ESR (Extended Support Release) version of Firefox, IE, or something. 😉
- AllAboutFrogs.org/Frogland – Anybody remember this ’90s site? Has info about frogs and other cool frog-related stuff, like desktop goodies for your computer, frog stories and Flash and Java games. Inactive.
- Froggyville – Anybody remember this ’90s site? Has info about frogs and other cool frog-related stuff, like desktop goodies for your computer and frog jokes and pictures. (Note: Wayback Machine version is linked to here, but it doesn’t have the virtual pet frog [recommended!]. Luckily I have a local copy of the pet frog page, although I don’t know how to upload it to any archiving site…)
- Michele’s Frog World – Anybody remember this ’90s site? Has info about frogs. Inactive.
- Froggy Memories – Related to above 😉 (as in, it’s literally PART of above 😉 ). It’s actually about an old radio and TV show called the Buster Brown Show. I don’t know if many people have heard of it; more likely than not, they have not. If you wanna hear of it, click there! If you don’t, you don’t have to!
- Michele’s World – Main site containing the two above links.
- Sandra Loosemore’s Froggy Page – Anybody remember this ’90s site? Has info about frogs. Inactive. (Guess why all of them have the same description 😉 ).
- Jake the Wonder Dog – (NSFW, 18+) Doesn’t have blood (okay maybe a TINY bit…), but does have toilet jokes and sex MENTIONS (not actual thing)… 😛 Though private parts are shown on screen… 😛 Anyway, funny cartoons! lol Mother and me love them!
- Otaku Avatar Maker – Part of a set of avatar makers. Very good. 🙂
- Larry Ewing’s Tux page – Has Tux graphics for all your Tux needs. 😉 (Tux as in the Linux penguin, not the shirt. 😛 )
- Movie Mistakes – Info about goofs, mistakes, errors and more in various movies. 😀
- JoeK.com – A guy’s site, has jokes, poems and a blog.
- Echalk – Has fun flash educational games.
- DLTK – Has fun crafts to make. (Fun fact: The name comes from the four people who made the site: a woman and her kids.)
- Kidzone.ws – Fun kids site; a sister site of DLTK.
- Krazydad – Has puzzles, mazes, and also fun non-games (such as online card tricks).
- Game Maker 7 download page – For those of you who have trouble finding a download for this cool program.
- Game Maker 8 download page – For those of you who have trouble finding a download for this cool program. 😉
- TheGameCreators – Useful utilities for creating games.
- Platypus Comix – Cool site with original comics and great articles about various stuff.
- Cut-the-Knot – Great educational mathematical website with puzzles. Makes maths fun with Java applets. 😉 (firefox… again 😉 ). Even has a Wikipedia page! 😀 Recommended pages: The Idea of Counting For Young Ones. 😉
- Mathsisfun – Educational maths website with games. Hexxagon’s (the flash game mentioned above/earlier 😉 ) recommended. 😉 Also has an alternative URL; just remove this s in maths. 😉 Also, another site has the same name (with maths’s s removed) but has an .org. 😉
- Coolmath – Educational maths website with sister sites pertaining to other stuff (like sites for kids, teachers, parents, and fun educational games). Very cute pics. 😉 The games site used to be two sites (coolmath-games and spike’s game zone); now they’re merged, which is cool. The only problems are… one is that I can’t find the relaxation site and the science site. If they got removed, well… 😉 The second problem is general. During site renovations, always something goes wrong. For instance, here is the tessellations page at coolmath4kids.com. Clicking on the link sends me to the top of the page, and that’s all it does! It doesn’t send you to the next page. Instead of using a link, there’s an anchor. O_O I recall bad stuff happening on other sites that changed their layouts and/or renovated too. Moral: don’t renovate! Or if you do, thoroughly check all your pages (over a few days). Tedious, but worth it.
- Laura’s Celebration – Contains screenmates (from the ’90s; little critters that either walk around your screen or stay in one place on it), games, and other fun stuff. (Some of the links to some screenmates [eg. RSPCA Fox] are broken, though, but here’s a link to some screenmates in a zip file on my MEGA account 😉 ).
- Garfieldhome – Cool Garfield fansite. Inactive.
- 1001 Games to Play Before You Die – A cool blog with reviews of old, somewhat obscure games. I also play old, obscure games, so… 😉
- Vegan Society – Had to link to something vegan… 😉
- Little Fox – Cartoons for English learners (and other languages too?). Most of them are serials. (Not cereals. 😛 ). The serials are not free after the first chapter (or first two chapters if you watch the second on YouTube) though…
- Mimitchi – A Tamagotchi character has come to life! Oh no! 😉 Don’t worry, this is simply the name of a Tamagotchi, Furby, and other stuff site created by a woman named Katherine. She’s kind of active on her Facebook account (although rarely posts).
- Ginjirotchi’s blog – *gasp* Another one! Nah, Ginjirotchi is simply the nickname of the guy owning the Tama blog. Hasn’t updated in a while, though… 😉
- Concerned – Almost everybody knows about this HL2 comic, but it deserves a link here, so…
- Ken Rockwell’s site – All about great abstract photography (which is not superior to other types 😉 😛 ).
- Springhole.net – All about great writing and roleplaying. Also has cool generators that I use often.
- Emerald Activities – Nice site, but for me, the magic makers don’t load, so just play around in the colouring pages. It’s also quite inactive. Still nice though!
- Doll Divine – Flash doll dress-up games, but has more than just dolls. Recommendation: Merpony Maker. Sadly, due to the creators needing money, you have to enable ads to play the games (at least for me). If you’re turned off by that (like I am), most (if not all) of the games can played on DeviantArt. But, the Merpony Maker is only available on this site, so… Also, when trying to play games on Doll Divine, there is an unskippable video ad which takes a long time to load, and you have to be premium to post comments. I get that they need money, but premium should only be required for getting extra stuff for your dolls, not for showing off your dolls (even then, premium is okay, I guess, so long as you can show them off as pictures without premium) or commenting!
- Didi Games – The site mentioned in the link above. Great girl games site! I love the house decorating ones. (Did you know: Didi means elder sister in Hindi. 😉 )
- Switcheroo Zoo – You can mix and match animals at this cool kids site! It has an app and some minigames too, along with the main game where you mix and match animals and learn facts about them. Recommended minigame: Switch Zoo Quest.
- RRRRThat’s5Rs.com – It seems to be just another fun game site akin to Miniclip, Kongegrate, DidiGames, FreeWebArcade, etc. (All recommended!) But in reality… find out for yourself. My favorite was Don’t Shoot the Dog. 😉 I also loved Don’t Make Mommy Cry and Get to the Finish. (And actually, there are 5 total Rs in the title… 😉 ).
- Mighty Optical Illusions – Exactly what it says on the title. Updated semi-often.
- Visual Phenomena & Optical Illusions – 132 optical illusions by Michael Bach.
- Akiyoshi Kitaoka’s site – Optical illusions by him.
- Eagle-Wing.net – Humor, Information, and More!
- Trygve.Com – Humor, Information, and more! 😉
- Dinofun – A dinosaur website with various dino games and comics. Also has a blog.
- Kidzworld – Safe kids site. Has games, fun facts, a forum, etc. I have an account on it (Pinkypie953). It’s quite laggy on my computer though…
- Counterexploitation – A site about exploiting the exploiters (as the name says). It’s mostly outdated and hasn’t been updated, but it still has some good pages (like a Humor section) and is a good time capsule. 😉
- Kat’s Korner – Another good time capsule, but it does have some good Faberge Egg (egg design) pages, and some of the pages might be still relevant today… 😉
- Pageworks – Cute graphics by Kitty Roach. Not been updated.
- Some paradoxes – an anthology of paradoxes.
- Arachnoid – Paul Lutus’s website. He’s the creator of Arachnophillia, a Web page development workshop and general programming tool (definition by Paul) which is not Open Source, but it is free. There are many cool articles on the site. Often updated.
- WinWorldPC – For almost all of your vintage computing needs!
- Toasty Tech – Rarely updated. All about computer stuff. 😉
- Bad designs – a collection of bad human factors designs. Not been updated since 2010.
- Piffe – Various fun stuff. Not been updated. Oddly, there are three duplicates of it: Puffun and Naute (might contain popups! Luckily Firefox blocked ’em). The third duplicate is Funfou, the french version of Puffun. All (except Funfou?) available in French and English. Oddly enough, the Snow White Enigma’s answer is only found in the French version of these sites!
- Dierk’s Site – Animated cursors by Dierk, animated cursor tutorials, fun stuff, and Dierk’s List, a list of animated cursors made by various people that was popular way back when. (Linked to Wayback Machine version here because the actual site is under renovation. *crosses fingers* 😉 ).
- Joe’s Cursors – Still online, (yay!) but none of the downloads work. (aww!) (Link to Wayback Machine version). Luckily, I have a zip file of all of Joe’s Cursors (and others too! Except for USA Animated Cursors 😦 not on Softpedia and other sites link to a dead site instead of hosting it themselves, which is ridiculous since it’s kind of small [at least by today’s standards and possibly mid 2000s’ standards]. Got Joe’s Cursors from Internet Archive and Softpedia 🙂 Cat cursors from a site that I forgot the name of, and 256cur95 from Dierk’s site).
- Whyville – Slightly inactive but fun and educational virtual world for teens. (Requires Flash for some places only.)
- Bunny Hollow – A cute site with fun stuff, including activities involving bunnies and other animals. Not been updated. The homepage changes with the seasons. 🙂
- Web Neko – Play with Neko (old cat screenmate which follows your cursor) online! You can change Neko to different color styles (my favorites are water, mermaid, pink, rainbow, royal and colorful) and add multiple Nekos to your screen using the first two links! 😀
- Looking for free cursors? – Dracc.com (complete HTML guide, inactive) and Marg-Art (professional website designers, inactive[?]) have some!
That’s all! But will be updated. Last updated on Jan 28, 2019. Page created in late Nov 2016. Previous updates on Feb 2017, March 10 & 11, 2017, May 12, 13, & 18, 2017, June 30, 2017, July 7, 12, 14, 22, 25, & 29, 2017 😛 (lotsa links), Aug 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 15 (Indian Independence Day), & 28, 2017, Sep 18 & 29, 2017, Nov 4 & 25, 2017, Jan 19, 2018, Mar 1, 2018, Apr 1, 2018, Oct 15, 2018, Dec 14 & 15, 2018, and Jan 28, 2019.
Edit Uno: From June 30, 2017 onward, almost all new links will be at the bottom (except the important ones 😉 ). Previously, they were all scattered around, in relationship to other links (sort of 😉 ).
Edit Dos: Removed club penguin and the “IS CLOSING DOWN IN MARCH 2017. O_O GO THERE NOW! PLEASE? ;)” part. Try a Club Penguin Private Server instead. The ones I use are Club Penguin Rewritten (not to be confused with Toontown Rewritten 😉 ), and cpps.me, but there’s also freepenguin.xyz. (rhyme, z[ee] with me)
Edit Tres: Removed not very well known since all kinds of sites can go here… 😉 (except NSFW/L sites, duh! 😉 except Jake).
Edit Quattro: Fixed broken link (BlackDog) on Oct 15, 2018 and added new link (Obscuritory).
Edit Sinco: Added link to MEGA CursorMania zip file, MEGA SomeScreenmates zip file, My Abandonware and Web Neko and fixed Dierk’s Site link. Various other updates too.
Edit Ses: Updated Billy Bear link, added Internet Archive note at the top, and edited Kidzworld description.
Edit Settay: Removed Teo Project entry and moved it to Finfin fanpage since the site is gone, fixed the paradoxes link, and misc. edits.
are the Furb-o-Vision chat (at Channel 2 and Channel 0 to post) and the forums (both of which are still active to this day; I post there too)! (Edit: Furb-o-Vision chat might be dead… 😦 We’ll see though 🙂 Edit: Furb-o-Vision chat is extinct 😦 😉 So, only forums).
Joe’s cursors: not online anymore, only on the Internet Archive now. I don’t think you can even download anything from there now! (if you’re curious, I made this mistake because I think Tripod was down so I couldn’t access Joe’s Cursors for a while, so I thought it was dead.)
Caverns of hope so far didn’t update as of mar 2017: Rarely updated though. (In fact, as of March 11, 2017, it’s been inactive for literally a <strong><em>year</em></strong> now, and then some! 😉 )